Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Alex's First Day of 4K!

 We talked about it all summer and the day finally came...Alex's first day of school.  He was super excited for it and I wasn't worried a bit about him fitting right in with his social personality.  I'm not gonna lie though, I had a hard time with it as his Mom.  My little boy is all grown up and taking on more responsibility and independence. You worry as parent that he makes good friends and he eats right and he behaves and he enjoys himself at school.  You're not by his side every step of the way anymore protecting him and making sure he doesn't get hurt.  You're suddenly forced to let him grow up a little bit on his own and hope he makes good choices that you've taught him at home.  Yes, I realize he is only four years old and not leaving for college yet but I still worry as his Mom!
 
He did great today at his first day of 4K at Holy Apostles Catholic School.  He told me all about his day and the friends he made.  The kids went to gym class and played "toilet tag" so that seemed to be a highlight.  He ate a good lunch which I was happy about.  They read books, sang songs and colored pictures.  I think he's going to have a shining year!   

First day of preschool!

Waiting for Mrs. Borgh to greet us!

I have been looking forward to having a date with my Seanie for awhile.  I had him all to myself today while Alex was at school and that doesn't happen often.  It was nice to have that one-on-one time and just focus on my lil' man.  We had a fun-packed day which started at Dunkin' Donuts.  Then we played at Kids in Motion which was new to Sean.  He loved it, especially the dump truck room and the grocery cart.  We went for a walk and played outside and before we knew it, it was time to pick up Alex from school.

Sprinkles please!

Lovin' the dump trucks!

I'm pretty sure nothing else was going to fit in our cart!

My two-year-old ball of fun!


I love my Seanie man!

What a lil' goof ball!


We had a busy Labor Day weekend but had a great time with our families.  We went to Grandpa & Grandma Michna's house on Saturday and Uncle Paul and Aunt Pat's house on Sunday for a cookout.  Uncle Paul weathered the storm to grill our chicken and Alex and Seanie had a blast with cousins, Noah and Jude.  On Tuesday, Grandma Beyer spent the day at the Zoo with us.  What a fun way to end summer! 
Uncle Paul in the pouring rain...nice hat!

Alex & Noah givin' Jake some loving!

Mommy and her lil' Seanie by the fire :)

Alex & Grandma Beyer riding the train at the zoo :)

My two handsome boys :)