Sean William Michna made his debut on Monday, August 1st at 5:55pm. He was 8lbs 2oz and measured 21 ½ inches long. He is a healthy, little boy who is the center of our world right now, along with big brother, Alex. We couldn’t be happier or more proud of our new family addition.
We went into the hospital at 7:00am to get induced since I was 39 weeks and we were more than ready to meet our little bundle of joy. Labor started out just fine in the beginning after I received the epidural but I seemed to be progressing slower than what we had anticipated. The nurse increased my Pitocin and that’s when things started to go downhill. I was feeling every little contraction and was in excruciating pain even in between contractions. Sure enough, the epidural had come out which I’m told NEVER happens! The anethesiologist had to reinsert the epidural for a second time (one is bad enough)! The drugs kicked in just in time for me to start pushing at 5:30 and 25 minutes later, Sean was born!
Alex did wonderful this week too as he was shuffled around and away from Mom and Dad. He is still getting used to Baby Sean and calls him “Baby Anna,” his 2 month old cousin. He’s already given Seanie lots of hugs and kisses though and I know he will be a great big brother! Thanks to everyone for all their well wishes for our family. We’re enjoying each moment!
 |
| Our first family photo |
 |
| Our healthy little boy |
 |
| Sean with his wonderful doctor and nurse |
 |
| Mellow as can be! |
 |
| Lots of visitors |
 |
| So precious! |
 |
| Going home! |
 |
| Kisses from big brother, Alex :) |