I would like to sincerely thank the pharmacist that failed to offer my two year old son flavored medicine. I take part blame as a parent for not knowing to ask at the time. But come on...this stuff smells so nasty that I don't even think I could handle the taste. So it's been a real treat trying to get this medicine down Alex's throat for ten days.
Day 1 started out okay because Alex didn't know what was coming his way. Since then, I've tried every trick in the book to try and disguise the flavor. I've tried to mix it in his milk, cereal, ice cream and chocolate pudding but he detects the flavor and won't eat it anymore. In the end, I usually end up having to hold down his arms and legs and force it into this mouth while he's kicking and screaming. It's definitely not one of my shining moments as a mom!
Alex finally figured out my games and sneaky tactics. This morning, he sat nicely in his booster seat, opened his mouth big and wide for me to squirt the medicine into his mouth. I thought, 'Wow, he's making this SO easy.' Then two seconds later, he smiles at me and spits every last drop of that medicine out of his mouth. You're a smart one Alex - you defintely beat Mommy at her game this time.
The good news is that Alex is feeling a ton better and back to his old self again. I'm not quite sure how much medicine he gets each day but I know he's getting some and it's making him feel much better which is the ultimate goal.
![]() |
| We went to cheer Daddy's baseball team on to a victory last weekend! Yeaa Daddy!! |
