Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Great America

This post comes a week late but so worthy to add to the blog.  We joined Steve, Jen, Hailey and Logan for a super fun day at Great America.  It was Alex’s first time ever to Great America and it definitely surpassed his expectations.
 
I knew he liked roller coasters to some degree but didn’t know what his tolerance would be on the bigger, faster rides.  We started out with the Whizzer and worked up to the Demon.  He LOVED both of them.  Then he started talking about how he wanted to go on the Eagle.  Alex was just tall enough to be able to ride some of the bigger roller coasters like the Eagle.  I asked if he was looking at the right roller coaster.  The Eagle is the white, wooden one with the HUGE hill.  Oh yea, he wanted to go on it.  We did and he LOVED that one too!
As the day progressed, he heard people talking about the Goliath – the tallest, fastest, steepest wooden roller coaster.  He asked me if he could go on it.  I never thought this was an option at the beginning of the day.  Again, he just makes the height requirement.  This is the same ride that Steve was trying to get Hailey on all day but she said no.  That was up until Alex sparked some interest in the ride.  Hailey said if Alex goes on then I will go on.  It’s now 9:00 PM and we can choose one more roller coaster to go on.  Alex and Hailey both want to go on the Goliath.
So after waiting 75 minutes for this ride, it’s our turn to ride the Goliath.  Alex clutches my hand as we climb the first hill before we get to the 85 degree drop and starts to tear up and he says, I don’t know if I can do this!  Two seconds later, we are having the time of our lives.  We all walked off that ride with such a high.  It was awesome and the perfect way to end our night at Great America!          
 
Logan, Hailey and Alex

Alex and Logan on the Whizzer :)

Hailey and Alex standing in line for the Eagle!

Momma and Alex enjoying the Carousel :)

The trio having fun at Great America!