The binky is a thing of the past and hasn't been mentioned again since that first day so we're on to our next big step with our little man. We made the leap last night and transferred Alex into his big boy bed. We wanted him to get used to it before the baby comes and we're using his crib for Baby M so it was time.
Daddy set up the baseball-themed bed while Alex was taking his bath. The look on Alex's face when he saw his big boy bed in his room was absolute pure joy, although maybe for the wrong reason. He took off running and immediately started to jump and flip around. I think Alex thought we got him a trampoline for his room. I thought it was going to be a LONG night ahead of us.
BUT...Once Alex settled down and we reinforced to him that his bed was for sleeping and not jumping, Alex did GREAT! We read books to Alex in his new bed and tried to follow the same rituals as when he went down in his crib. When it was time to say goodnight, Alex turned himself perpendicular on the bed so that his head would rest right on the mattress and butt up against the mesh guard rail just like he slept in his crib. I'm sure he'll eventually get used to the pillows and blankets but for now, this is what works for him. He didn't wake up once for us and, in the morning, he sat up in his bed and called for us to come get him. I hope night #2 goes as smooth for us. Way to go, Alex! You're such a big boy in your new bed!!
 |
| Bye, bye to the crib! |
 |
| Lovin' his new "trampoline." |
 |
| Storytime with Daddy |
 |
| I went to check on Alex before I went to bed last night and I found him sprawled out. Way to use the whole mattress, buddy! Like father, like son:) |