Well, soccer is in full swing and I’m loving it! Sean already had two games and he’s doing
awesome. He scored seven goals in his
first game! Alex had his first game over
the weekend and played great! He has to
get used to playing on a gigantic field this year and build up his endurance!
The Milwaukee Kickers were invited to watch the men’s
Marquette soccer team on Saturday. The
kids were able to walk out on the field with one of the starters and stand with
them during the national anthem. The
boys also played a scrimmage game on the field at half-time which was
neat.
It brought back all the amazing memories I had playing
college soccer and playing on that same field.
What a special experience that was for me! I’m so grateful I was able to
play a sport I loved so much at such a competitive level. Now I get the
enjoyment of watching my kids excel and have fun at the sports they love!
 |
| Score some goals, Sean! |
 |
| Walking out to the field with Marquette. |
 |
| National Anthem |
 |
| Alex & Riley |
 |
| Enjoying the game :) |
We were so incredibly lucky to sit in the second row behind home plate at the Brewers game last weekend. The game looks a lot different in those seats, sitting so close. Alex was in heaven and watching every move of every player. Seanie says to me when he sits down, "I can get used to this!" Plus, we were up close for the pre-game presentation of Sean's Heat coach, Gary Polczynski, getting inducted into the Old-Timers Hall of Fame at Miller Park. Such a special day!
 |
| Sean and Coach Gary :) |
 |
| Beautiful day for a ball game! |
 |
| Not a bad view from 2nd row!!! |
 |
| Alex was dialed in and watching everything!!! |
 |
| Even 2nd row couldn't keep Sean's attention the whole game :) |
We ended the weekend celebrating Grandparents Day at Steve and Jen's new house. Even though it was in the 60s and the water wasn't too warm, the cousins had to go for a dip in the pool one last time before summer ends! We are so thankful for both sets of Grandparents and all that they do for us! They're the biggest fans cheering Alex and Sean on with all their different sports and they will drop everything to help out whenever we need. Most of all, they love our boys unconditionally and have developed an incredible bond with one another!!! We are beyond blessed :)
 |
| Happy Grandparents Day!!! |
 |
| Pool time! |