Saturday, June 26, 2010

89th Bday, Festival & Tree Down

My Grandma turned 89 years old on Thursday so we all got together to celebrate with dinner and my Grandma's favorite dessert, strawberry schaum torte. My Grandma loves to watch the Brewers play and they even gave her a win on her special day. Then on Friday, we met Aunt Carla and Tyler at their church festival, along with Grandpa and Grandma Beyer, to enjoy some yummy food and great music. I got quite the workout in chasing after Alex while he made friends with EVERYBODY there.
Nothing like a glass of wine on your birthday!

Grandma and Alex were gettin' jiggy with the music.

Last night, the winds were so intense around our house that it seemed as though our windows were going to shatter. Around 3:00am, our house just shook and woke both Dave and I up so Dave went outside to check things out. I don't think he expected to find this...
The tree stump uprooted from our neighbors lawn.


The 50 foot tree landed across our driveway and into our backyard.

I don't think we'll be getting our cars out to go anywhere today!